So cliche to say but we are legit living in unprecedented times. We are stuck in the house with limited resources and plans. Nonetheless, Memorial Day is here and although it doesn’t feel like it at all we can still bring the holiday to our homes. (Safely, of course) Here’s a list of things you can do to make the most out of your holiday while in Quarantine.
1. Make a seafood boil/bake and enjoy with your favorite bottle of Rosé or punch. If you happen to be a seafood lover like myself, then this is definitely a treat. Here’s a recipe for an easy seafood boil. This pairs amazing with this tasty, refreshing Rosé.
2. Stay in, order in, and relax. If you aren’t up for the outdoors or labor of cooking, then take-out will do just fine. Just because its a holiday weekend doesn’t mean you have to party. Relaxing is just as nice and during times like this, always needed!
3. Self-Care because you can never have too many self-care days. For this one, maybe go all out. Turn off your phone, take a long bath, and do a facial. No shortcuts. You deserve it!
4. Have a picnic or small BBQ at your local park. It doesn’t have to be big and grand. You can literally go to your supermarket and get the basics like sandwiches, burgers, salads, and drinks.
5. If you feel comfortable enough, invite a friend or family member over or go to their place. As long as we are being careful, safe, and practicing social distancing; I think it wouldn’t hurt to have some human contact.
Next year we’ll be on a beach, or a club with a bunch of strangers just enjoying the company and conversations. 2020 MDW doesn’t have to be boring due to our circumstances, let’s remain grateful and make the most out of it. Hope this list helps!