Video/Photography: Gio Haddock
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, it’s only right that we bless you with a contribution recipe. If you are anything like us, you are more than likely googling recipes and perhaps you’ve found nothing… worth making. Be indecisive no more, we got you. Brooklyn born Chef let us into his kitchen. If you haven’t yet stopped by the Brooklyn Hot spot Kokomo to try their Caribbean Cuisine, I’m just not sure what you’re waiting for. Open your notes and add it to your list of places to go.
Luckily for all of you Mitch happens to be a friend of BF and is sharing the secret sauce. Not only did we get the Caribbean experience the restaurant offers but we went behind the scenes, where the magic happens.
Pasta lovers, he let us all the way in, no holding back, and so we get to share it with you! An expert in the kitchen who has a hobby of sharpening his knives gave us a tour of where he’s cheffin’ it up. Elevated pasta…no really, it has a Caribbean twist.
“I got into cooking at the age of 16, I went to a career and vocational school for culinary arts for two years which led me to learn a lot about culinary and the business of cooking. Two years later I went to culinary school in Miami, which led me to work at lucky strike lanes, American Airlines Arena, and
all sorts of Private Parties around Miami Beach.” —Mitch
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Mitchel j BONHOMME (@mitchdachef__) on
Rasta Sauce with Jerk Seasoning
Mushrooms, shallots, chopped garlic, fresh thyme (optional)
Red Pepper Flakes
Scallions to Garnish (optional)
STEP BY STEP
1. In a sauce pan add shallots, chopped garlic, fresh thyme, and blended oil
2. Sauté for 3 minutes, then add hot jerk seasoning (A little goes a long way)
3. Once cooked add white wine, allow a few minutes for the wine to cook out
4. Add heavy cream, bringing it to a boil then down to a simmer
5. Add parmigiana cheese, allow a couple minutes for cheese to melt
6. Added seasonings of your choice/salt (to your taste)
Chef’s Favorite Meal: Jerk Chicken & Pizza